This is a great recipe to have made up in the fridge when you need a quick meal. The chick peas are filling and pair nicely with the vegetables. I have used this recipe in tasting bowls at dinner parties when we are eating light with salad and soup as our main course.
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 can of organic chickpeas, drained
12 cloves of garlic, halved and sliced lengthwise
1 carrot, peeled and cut up into matchstick pieces
1 onion, sliced and cut lengthwise
6-8 sundried tomatoes, cut up
1 sweet red or orange pepper, sliced lengthwise
1/8 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted (or extra virgin olive oil)
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (or Clubhouse sweet chili & peppers)
¼ tsp oregano
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 tsp sea salt (Note: reduce if using Clubhouse sweet chili & peppers as it has enough salt)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 F.
2. Put all the vegetables and spices in a bowl and toss with oil.
3. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread tossed vegetables on baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes
- add any vegetable suitable for roasting
- mix it up and use cumin and curry instead of oregano
- try white or red kidney beans instead of chickpeas